Keeping You in Comfort
Hayes Heating & Cooling is a family-owned and operated full-service HVAC company specializing in residential installation, service and maintenance of heating and cooling equipment in the St. Louis region. We install and service forced-air furnaces, air handlers, boilers and water heaters. We provide prompt, professional service and complete maintenance plans to keep your systems operating efficiently.
Since 1985 we have proudly served St. Louis and the surrounding metropolitan area. From Jefferson County, St. Louis County, St. Louis City and everywhere in-between our service vehicles can typically be to your home in under an hour.
We provide you valuable information and recommendations but ultimately all decisions are left in your hands. We are not high-pressure folks by any means! We offer friendly advice and prefer that you ask us questions. It’s important that we know exactly what you want and why you may prefer one solution over another
Hayes Heating & Cooling primarily offers and installs the Ruud product line – however, we install, service and maintain many other brands.
Schedule an appointment with us today or contact us to ask any questions. We can be reached at 636-938-9551 and hope to earn your valued business.
Hayes Heating & Cooling provides sales, service and installation for all types of heating and cooling systems. We treat our customers with respect and focus on building a lasting relationship. Our service record speaks for itself and call-backs are minimized.
Services we provide include:
- Service repairs on all brands and models of furnaces, air conditioners, boilers and water heaters
- Furnace safety inspections
- Seasonal “clean and checks” on heating and cooling equipment
- Fast turnaround service for home sellers and real-estate agents
- Installation and service of air conditioners and heat pumps
- Installation and service of boilers – steam and hot water, including radiant heating
- Installation and service of water heaters
- Chimney liners
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) products
- Zoning systems and controls
- Competitive pricing on multiple properties
- Offer complete turn-key solutions on heating/cooling retrofits/rehabs
We are proud to offer Ruud equipment. They offer unmatched warranties in the industry on their long-lasting products.
Save Money by Investing in Efficiency
Gas-fired furnaces range in their energy efficiency and they are ranked based on their respective Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). AFUE is the standard measurement of efficiency for gas and oil-fired furnaces. Measured in percentages, this number tells you how much of your fuel is used to heat your home and how much fuel is wasted. The higher the AFUE rating, the greater the efficiency.
Hayes Heating & Cooling actively promotes higher AFUE furnaces to help reduce our customers’ monthly operating costs and conserve fossil fuels. We do not actively promote ourselves as a “Green” company, however, our actions prove that we are time and time again. We prefer to install hi-efficiency equipment because it provides increased comfort, decreased monthly costs and exceptional reliability.
Call Us Today to Learn About Ruud’s Superior Product Warranties!
The entire line-up of Ruud gas furnaces offers some of the best warranty programs in the heating and cooling industry.
You need air conditioning in St. Louis! More importantly, you need an air conditioning system that is in optimum working condition, dehumidifying the air and operating as efficiently as possible. A poorly configured or neglected system will cost you a lot of money! We repair and service all major brands of air conditioning systems and proudly offer Ruud equipment.
The Best Warranties For the Best Equipment
Ruud use chlorine-free and “green” R-410A refrigerant. All of these units feature the most comprehensive warranty coverage of any air conditioner or heat pump on the market.
Hayes Heating & Cooling installs and services air conditioners, air handlers, mini-splits and boilers. If your system is no longer providing cooling then you definitely need a checkup!
Ameren Missouri Heating and Cooling Program
Rebates valid for installs between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
Ameren Missouri is offering their customers a rebate when upgrading their heating and cooling system to a more energy efficient system!
- You must be an Ameren Missouri Residential Electric Customer.
- To be eligible for participation in the program, the dwelling unit must be one of the following:
– Single-family residence (Also any building with four units or fewer in any configuration)
– Multi-family building in any configuration
– Row house, which is defined as a single-family dwelling unit that shares common vertical walls only with other single-family dwelling units
– Multistory, multifamily dwelling units with greater than four units that also share a horizontal surface (floor or ceiling) with another dwelling unit do not qualify
- Newly installed equipment must meet or exceed the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) or Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) levels set forth by the program and documented by the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
- Existing operating CAC and ASHP being replaced must have a nameplate SEER rating below 14.0.
- Existing operating GSHP being replaced must have a nameplate EER rating of 12.0 or lower (partial cooling load).
- Existing failed CAC, ASHP or GSHP does not require maximum nameplate SEER/EER rating.
- Existing equipment that is operating must have an operational condenser to be classified as operating (early replacement).
- Rebate eligibility is dependent on the existing heating source. Please see the chart below for eligibility.
- Rebate check will go to the name on Ameren Missouri account. You can reassign the rebate to someone of your choosing as well.
- Some restrictions may apply. Valid through December 15, 2022. Visit Ameren Missouri For Full Program details for full program details.
After installation, we will submit all rebate paperwork on your behalf. Rebates will be processed by Ameren Missouri and they will mail your check within six to eight weeks.
*Click images below to enlarge
We offer financing through Synchrony Financing. They help many of our customers purchase new equipment.
- There are no prepayment penalties
- Simple paperwork for all rates
- 0% financing for 18 months or financing up to 7 years if needed.
- 5.99% for 37 months
- 7.99% for 61 months
- 9.99% for 132 months
The online application link below will take you to Synchrony’s application where they will issue you a credit card with at the standard base interest rate of 26.99%. The financing offers are selected prior to beginning the project when we meet with you in person.
The online application process takes a few minutes and they can provide an approval in about 10 minutes. Be sure to ask us about financing options!
- A simple application process, and fast credit decisions
- Unsecured, revolving credit lines
- Promotional financing options1
- Convenient monthly payment options
- Online account management
How often should I change my filter?
For Standard 1″ Filter Owners
We tell our customers they should use a standard 1″ pleated air filter and to change it every 30 days. Expensive and dense 1″ media filters that claim you can change them every 90 days will typically clog before that time and your system will perform poorly. Buy several at once to keep handy so you never run out!
For Media Filter Owners
Large media filters (4-5″) can usually go upwards of six months before requiring a change. However, factors such as the amount of people, pets and air leakage can greatly alter your requirements.
How often should I add freon to my AC?
Freon is not “used up” or need to be changed out during the course of a summer. Freon is only added if there is a leak in the system or a new unit needs to be properly charged after installation (if a unit is installed over the winter, we like to come back in the spring to accurately charge it.)
When and how often should I have my furnace or air conditioner checked?
Furnaces and air conditioners should be checked on an annual basis for safety reasons such as carbon monoxide poisoning and electrical shock. Most warranties require that an annual inspection be performed (clean & check) on the equipment to keep the warranty valid.
Equipment that is routinely serviced will last much longer and problems that may be discovered during the course of a clean & check can be addressed before they become costly repairs.
What is an “80% furnace”?
Furnace ratings is basically an efficiency ratio. An 80% furnace means 80% of the natural gas fuel is being used and 20% is going out the flue (as heat exhaust loss), thus 90% furnaces are sending 10% out of the flue. However 80% is the lowest rating that can be purchased today. A “standard” efficiency is the same as saying an 80% efficient furnace.
What is an Condenser (AC) SEER rating?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The SEER rating is calculated by dividing the cooling capacity of a continuously operating air conditioner by the electrical input. The higher the SEER rating, the less your equipment will cost to operate year after year.
I Still Have Questions. Can You Help?
Yes, call us at 636-938-9551 and we would be happy to answer all of your questions. Ask us anything about furnaces, air conditioners, home comfort, poor airflow, indoor air quality, humidifiers, installation, ductwork, room additions, boilers, water heaters, flue liners and more.